But checking a bit deeper I found some interesting facts:
- If you ride a bike each day for 3 Km for 20 days a month you will save more than US$ 400 per year. Check the calculator.
- You can burn 80 calories per day (The equivalent to one egg) if you ride a bike for 3KM and your weight is around 75 Kg. Check the calculator.
- For 4.8 Km a car would need to consume 7 dozens of eggs, a loaded bus would require 2 dozens eggs per each person it carries, a walking person would require 3 eggs. In bike is only needed 1 egg and a half.
- If you cycle 30 minutes every day, after a year you would have burnt around 44,000 calories or 550 eggs!
- 61% of all car journeys are less than 8 kilometers.
- Albert Einstein discovered the theory of relativity while bicycling.